Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

It's been quite a while since my last blog entry, and what better occasion than Father's Day! I know this day is usually associated with pain and heartbreak, but this is one of my favorite holidays of the year. 


As I've gotten older, my appreciation for my father has grown tremendously. There are many fathers out there who believe providing for the family and putting a roof over their children's head is all that is needed to show their love. Those characteristics are definitely no small feat, and it is worth some serious recognition. However, there are so many more aspects essential to a child's upbringing. My father was much more than just a provider. He became a friend, a mentor, a protector, a therapist, and most importantly, an EXAMPLE.  A genuine model for how I should live out my life.

Throughout the years he has always been a friend that I know will never change and always be there to offer unwavering support. Many sons look up to their fathers, only to grow up and realize that the man is only a fraction of the "hero" they always envisioned. My reverence for my father has only increased as I've gotten older. From a staggering work ethic to admirable humility, he raises the bar in every way. He's in a position where people are constantly asking for his advice, and yet he is still just as willing to learn from others and make adjustments. He has loved my mother with a passion that is unmatched in any relationship I've ever seen. Every person that comes into his path is viewed as a friend. Whenever I am faced with any adversity in my life, I look to my father for motivation. 

There isn't a day that goes by where I don't ask myself why God chose to bless me with a father this amazing. What exactly was God's reasoning for putting me in this situation? I have to believe I specifically placed in this life in order to be a blessing to those around me.  My father has spent his life providing me the wisdom and advice needed to be the best possible man in this world. I only hope that I can live up to the standard.....

No comments:

Post a Comment